Security personnel and first responders may be scarce in times of an emergency, hence a variety of vehicle types are often deployed to cover vast areas in such a situation. Public security forces are increasingly adopting vehicle area networks that combine wireless connectivity and application processing for essential communication. For this reason, first responders are using rugged mobile computers with their vehicle communications hub that includes high levels of connectivity to help them receive instant alerts in emergencies. Connectivity options must include access to the likes of digital radio, 4G LTE, WiFi, and BT technology.
PB Tech and Winmate Inc developed rugged mobile computers that are used alongside a vehicle communication hub. Pairing rugged mobile computers with a vehicle area network means security personnel can stay connected for mission-critical scenarios. Currently, these devices serve the police force and field workers around New Zealand.
Combining rugged mobile devices with a vehicle communications hub means that you can stay connected and use a multitude of mobile apps, or even use the device as a mobile hotspot.
About PB TECH
Founded in 1993, PB Tech is 100% New Zealand owned and is also currently New Zealand's largest computing and I.T. retailer with stores and service centers located throughout the country offering great prices on computing and technology hardware.
About Winmate Inc
Founded in 1993, Winmate Inc. is a pioneer in rugged computing technology with more than 20 years of experience providing businesses worldwide with rugged solutions made for extreme industrial conditions. From rugged tablet PCs to industrial panel PCs to vehicle-mounted computers, Winmate also provides dedicated after-sales support with its service centers around the world.
The E500 Rugged Mobile Computer series is an enterprise-class solution that allows public security personnel quick and easy access to the control center via digital radio for immediate backup.
Why Winmate: Rugged Mobile Computers
- Always Connected: Rugged mobile computers pack the latest BT technology, Wi-Fi, 4G LTE, GPS, and WWAN features into a single device.
- Real-Time Alerts: Field workers, first responders, and security personnel can share and receive info instantly.
- Rugged Build: with a failproof IP65 housing for dust and water resistance and MIL-STD-810G standards for shock, drop, and vibration.
- Built-to-Survive: can operate under extreme temperatures -10oC to 50oC and humidity levels 10%-90% RH.
- Hot-Swappable Batteries: devices can be shared across multiple shifts through high-capacity batteries and a hot-swap design for 24/7 work output.
- PCAP Multi-Touchscreen: featuring a sunlight-readable display and touchscreen that can be used in the rain or with gloves.
- Winmate Rugged Mobile Solutions for Public Safety
- Winmate’s 7-inch Rugged Android Tablet M700DQ8 is SOTI MobiControl Certified
- Winmate shows E500 rugged, modern, well-equipped, highly configurable 5-inch industrial Android PDA
- Android 7.0 Now Available on E500RM8, M700DM8, M101M8
- Winmate Unveils 7” Rugged Arm-Based Tablet M700DQ8 with Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ Processor
- Case Study for the Winmate E430RM4 – Efficient & Rapid Customer Service